Criminal Defense Law Services
You want an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Portland Oregon to represent your case. I have 30 years of experience. View my practice areas and call me for help.
- Sexual Offenses (Rape, Child Sexual Abuse, Sodomy)
- Assaults (be it situations involving self defense, Vehicular Assault, or Domestic Violence)
- Thefts (Shoplifting, Embezzlement)
- Weapons Offenses (Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Menacing, Carrying a Concealed Weapon)
- Drugs (Possession of a Controlled Substance, Marijuana or Methamphetamine Manufacturing, Delivery of a Controlled Substance)
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Expungements of Arrests and Convictions
- Relief from Sex Offender Registration Requirements
- Measure 11 Defense
Being charged with a crime is stressful. If you have been charged with a crime in Oregon, I am ready to help you. A great number of individuals who have found themselves accused of a crime have come to me for their criminal defense. You need guidance to choose whether to go to trial or to negotiate a manageable resolution outside of the courtroom. I will be there to guide you towards making a wise decision.
I work hard, work smart, and work for you.
If you decide to go to trial, I will ‘go to the mat’ for you without an ounce of hesitation. My experience in trial cases covers anything from Capital Murder to Shoplifting. Each trial calls for immense preparation, wise strategy, and a lawyer with seasoned trial experience. Every trial is serious business that calls for thorough preparation, a sound strategy and a seasoned trial lawyer.
In 30 years I have had the privilege of seeing the relief and joy of clients and their families when they hear the judge or jury announce their verdict of “not guilty.”
On top of criminal defense, I enjoy serving as a youth mentor. I have coached a high school mock trial team who went to the state finals. I have also served on the Executive Board of the Criminal Law Section of the Oregon State Bar Association. I served on the Uniform Criminal Jury Instruction Committee, served as Disciplinary Counsel (trial counsel) for the Oregon State Bar, and presented at a number of legal education conferences on subjects such as cross examination, defense motions, and victim’s rights.
If you think I could help you or a loved one contact me as soon as possible.